"In the last two years I have seen ..."

About: Harrogate District Hospital / Dermatology Harrogate District Hospital / Respiratory medicine

In the last two years I have seen more of Harrogate hospital than I would have liked to. I have been treated in Dermatology, Respiratory, radiology, physiotherapy and accident & emergency departments.

Like everyone else, going to hospital is not something I enjoy, however I have been very fortunate. All the doctors, nurses and consultants I have seen have been kind, reassuring, and always willing to answer any questions I may have.

All the departments have been very fast in seeing me. I waited for only a few weeks for my first appointments.

The staff in x-ray were reassuring, the phyisio's were always very flexible with appointments to fit in with school, dermatology always make sure I have plenty of time to decide on treatments. Respiratory have been very helpful and leant me portable equipment for when I am away from home.

Overall I am very pleased with the outstanding level of care I have been shown every time I visit this hospital, every little thing helps to lessen the fear of illness

As far as i am concerened, there is nothing that can be done in this hospital for improvement. All that I can say is: Keep up the good work!

Response from Harrogate District Hospital

Dear Leah

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments on the Choices website. I am delighted to hear that your experiences at Harrogate District Hospital have been so positive. I will ensure your compliments and comments are shared with the teams and departments you refer to.

Best wishes