"Aftercare after op"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / General Medicine

After my op, I went into emergency care which wasn't too bad except for the food which I did complain about. After moving from there to ward 8, the difference was unbelievable. When I asked for painkillers, it could be anything up to 2 hours before I was given them. There was an old lady of 96 in the ward who had a leg amputated and I felt the way they treated her was terrible.

Response from Shona Welton, Head of Patient Affairs, NHS Lanarkshire

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I was pleased to read that your stay in emergency care was on the whole a positive one. We do want patients to tell us what we can do better and it was good that you mentioned the food at the time.

I was sorry that your stay in Ward 8 was not so good and we will discuss your comments with the staff there. However, if you feel able to contact us directly, we would like the opportunity to disucss your experiences more fully so that we can try to improve for the future.

If you would like to do that, please contact Michelle Nobes, Patient Affairs Manager, on 01355 585325.