"Treatment of my son in accident & emergency at Redhill East Surrey, hospital."

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency East Surrey Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

(as a parent/guardian),

On Sunday my 7 yr old son had fractured his bone above wrist while playing. Immediately, I called 999 and they advised me to take him to East Surrey hospital, Redhill. When I reached A & E, within 20 minutes, they took him in and started process. Within one hour, his x ray was taken & a temporary bandage was started.

Then the Doctor on emergency looked after him & explained everything to us & booked for a next day early morning operation.

On the next day even though it was a Bank holiday, the operation started as scheduled & he was quickly back on his ward after a successful operation. The nursing staff on duty have taken great care of him.

He was discharged from hospital by teatime and we were reassured by & satisfied with the brilliant service we received.

Response from Eloise Clarke, Communications Manager, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Ath06'

Thank you for telling us about your experience, it sounded like everything was spot-on and just as we hope. I hope your son is feeling better now - and is staying safe!