"Quality of food"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Having read some press reports that hospital food is poor. I felt that I must say something about the food served to me during my week stay in Ward 21. All meals were a balance of nicely cooked vegetables & presented to look appetising. The nurses were at all times attentive that you were given the food that you requested on the bedside computer monitor, a brilliant inovation. After a 4hr fast & returning from the theatre feeling a little apprehensive following an angioplasty procedure it was heartening to find that the nurses had reserved me a nice meal. Well done Bournemouth Hospital your doctors, caring nurses & catering staff are all appreciated.

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear 'Happy'

Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback.

Sue Mellor - Head of Patient Experience

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Dear 'Happy' Thank you for giving us your very kind feedback. I will share your feedback with the staff in the catering department who will I am sure be delighted. We do aim to provide high quality care to all our patients and that includes the food we serve. Thank you also for noting the care and attention given by the nursing staff on ward 21. Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback. Kind regards Sue Mellor - Head of Patient Experience