"No respect in Day Surgery ( Staff have no respect..."

About: Kingston Hospital

I have been referred to this hospital from Queen Marys. Firstly I got my pre assessment appointment through fairly quickly which I was happy about, however, as much as I understand that the NHS are very busy and have long waiting lists, I would still expect some respect from the staff, I called up and asked if they knew how long the waiting list is for the operation I have to have and when I would likely have a date, I was spoken to like a bit of dirt, they lady on the phone firstly said, its 18 weeks long before I could even explain! which is fine as previously mentioned I appreciate the amount of people on waiting lists, I then asked kindly if you can see where I am on the list, she then barked at me and huffed and puffed. Name, Hospital number??? I gave the correct information and then straight away I was told "well you have not been waiting that long" so no we don't know when you will get a date.. I was left feeling very very upset as the reason I am having this surgery is because my partner and I have been trying for a baby for a few years now and they have found a reason why I may not be getting pregnant.. I couldn't believe the attitude and the unsympathetic response I got, even if they don't mean it at least act like you care! I am so stressed and upset its causing me sleepless nights. I just wanted advice and to speak with someone nice, but you do not get that at all.

Response from Kingston Hospital

We have passed your comments onto the team to respond which will come in due course. Regards, Kingston Hospital