"The care that i received in Yeovil District..."

About: Yeovil District Hospital

A Canadian, I was vacationing in the UK when I fell ill with pneumonia and was admitted at the Yeovil Hospital, from 19th to 23rd June,2013. My wife and I were booked to fly home to Vancouver, on 26th June, and return a hire car in Edinburgh before flying home: this added to our stress. My release late Sunday for a Wednesday flight and long drive north was decided on by doctors who cared about my plight and my health needs. A fine balance of choices resulted. Without exception, all hospital staff involved in my treatment were outstanding in their encouragement and professionalism. I had a brief stay in a Canadian hospital in February (for a non-related cause) and it allows me to compare the two hospitals of similar size and function; therefore, I can now write that I was amazed by your quality of care, of the food services and of the very evident, cheerful teamwork that exists in Yeovil District Hospital. Well done! Thank you, all Yeovil District Hospital staff who attended to my needs.

Response from Yeovil District Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased that you had a good experience during your visit to Yeovil District Hospital. I will pass on your comments to the staff on the ward.