"Experiences in Accident and Emergency after an angina attack"

About: Broadgreen Hospital / General surgery Whiston Hospital / Accident and emergency

I have been rushed into Whiston on several occasions with chest pains after several doses of GTN. When you experience this, your head is banging, you are still in pain and it feels like nobody listens to you as they seem to think it's some sort of game you are playing.

I have been sick in cubicles with no nurses present. I have had to have my son find a wheelchair to take me the loo. I have fallen on the floor in the cubicle as the bed side was not up. I eventually got seen, had some morphine for the pain and a stomach jab.

When I was out of pain, I discharged myself. I knew as I had been treated many times before there that it would go on as it was. It seemed for them that I was better and had just had a bad angina attack fixed by the morphine.

Just another thing, the ladies that do the tea and meals are highly underrated. They often feed the less able patients that some nurses do not seem to be bothered with. They also pass the time of day with you.

Response from Broadgreen Hospital

Thanks for your comment.l We aren't the Trust that runs Whiston Hospital. If you want to speak to them about the care you have received, then try their website on http://www.sthk.nhs.uk/