"The menue was very good with many ..."

About: Rotherham Hospital

The menue was very good with many choices of food which was very well prepaired and presented. The standard of nursing care was excellent and all the staff both on the wards and other departments were very friendly and profesional. I was kept up to date on my progress on a daily basis by the medical staff in whome I have the upmost confidence.

I was not very happy with the way my ward

"Sitwell" was closed at weekends and patients transferred to "b"ward with a subsequent loss of specialist staff.

I am lead to understand that urology will be moved to Sheffield, this will be a great loss for the people of Rotherham.

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Thank you for taking time to feedback your comments which will be passed onto relevant staff. We are aware that any patient ward transfers are inconvenient for patients and we try to keep these to a minimum. Our overall urology workload continues to grow and therefore we are currently considering how best to accommodate urology patients across the full week including the weekend. We are pleased to confirm that urology as a speciality will not be moving to Sheffield. We are, however, complying with the Department of Health Guidance intended to improve outcomes for cancer patients. Amongst a range of actions, this requires that a small number of specified complex procedures that were previously undertaken in district general hospitals are now undertaken by specialist surgeons working within a specialist multidisciplinary team, usually located at major cancer centres. Patients requiring such treatment will now receive this at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.