"Poor Physio Therapy"

About: Erith & District Hospital

Having had recent knee replacement surgery, I was told that physio therapy is the key for getting back to normality. The physio sessions I have had have been short half hour sessions and included: Walking up and down Bending the knee while seated to get flexation Showing me exercises I can do at home They also seem keen not go over that half hour slot with you despite what you might be discussing, the half hour sessions once every 2 weeks is simply not worth it. Not at any time has the physio therapist been hands on or manipulated my joint. Having spoken to other people who had the op done at the same time as me, I see that I am being short changed with the sessions I am receiving. Their session is one hour long, with hands on physio and the option to have acupuncture. The progress that I have achieved to date has been because of me and not from the physio therapist at Erith and District. I would advise anyone with knee replacement not to attend the Erith and District but to find another physio elsewhere or go private.

Response from Erith & District Hospital

Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust took over the services at Erith & District hospital on 1st October 2013 and we apologise that nobody responded to your feedback. We were sorry to hear that the service you received was not as expected and you feel it necessary to go to another Physio. Hopefully now that we have taken over this service you will see a significant improvement.