About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

My GP got my appointment to see a respiratory consultant but I have to wait 7 weeks before I can see them. Tried to go private to see him earlier but hospital could not tell me what the cost would be. Just had a letter this morning cancelling my appointment for another 4 weeks. That will be 11 weeks I will have to wait to see the consultant. I am distressed and disgusted that on the rare occasions I need the NHS it is not there for me. I have heard this happens regularly so I don't know how long before I get to see the consultant.

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your experience. We are very sorry to hear about your cancelled appointment. It is deeply regrettable whenever an appointment has to be cancelled and it is not a decision we ever take lightly as we understand the upset, worry and inconvenience it causes. As we do not know the full details as to why your appointment was changed we would urge you to contact the Patient Liaison Advise Service (PALS) by telephone 01283 511511 extn 5284, or email: PALS@burtonft.nhs.uk, so we can investigate and reply to you in more detail.