"Parking payment machine out of order"

About: East Surrey Hospital

So I'm discharged from A+E diagnosed and told to rest my foot and not use it unnecessarily... Only to find that the A+E car park payment machine is out of order and be told that I have to 'hop' round to the main entrance to pay there instead.

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Rgw11

I'm sorry that you had problems with accesssing a working car park machine in A&E. The machine was broken on the 26th August during the afternoon and was repaired on the 27th. In that time patients were asked to use one of the other machines.

Your plight has highlighted that we have a poor way of managing a broken car park machine and we will be introducing a system where by the receptionist can give patients a ticket that will open the barrier should the machine be broken. I hope to have this up and running next week and many thanks for providing a comment that made us think about doing things in a better way.

Ian

Update posted by Rgw11 (the patient)

Dear Ian,

Many thanks for your response. I am very pleased to hear that you have made changes as a result of my feedback.

It is much appreciated.

Regards,

rgw11

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We have made a change

Dear rgw11,

Just to update you that this change is now in place - although obvioulsy I would prefer that our parking machines stay working, but if they don't the receptionists now have a solution.

regards