"a very long stay in hospital"

About: Rotherham Hospital / General medicine Rotherham Hospital / General surgery

in may last year the nursing home I live in had concerns that I might have an abscess under my peg feed site. I was admitted to Rotherham hospital for what I believed would be 3 days for iv antibiotics. I was discharged a few days before Christmas. it seems I had a catalogue of health problems, and was in fact very ill.

Throughout that time I received excellent care, from: housekeeping staff, porters, estates management, care assistants, nurses, doctors, hdu and itu staff, and support services such as dieticians, pain team, and many more. I cannot praise them highly enough, and say a big thank you to everyone.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear like2smile, thank you for your posting on Patient Opinion, we really appreciate patient feedback and it is great to hear that you feel that you received excellent care throughout your stay in the hospital, from the various staff members, departments and services. Your feedback and thanks will be passed on to the staff concerned,

With best wishes,