"Website is not clear enough when trying to cancel or change an appointment"

About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART)

(as a service user),

I needed to phone to cancel an appointment I had made through DART.

However, when I searched for your website and looked for contact details, it was very confusing. I ended up calling the wrong number.

There is too much information on the contact page which is confusing, especially for oldies like me!

I think the website needs to be a lot clearer to people can clearly see the correct number to call to cancel or change an appointment.

However, overall it is a very good system.

Response from Project Support Manager - Devon Referral Support Services, Devon Access & Referral Team (DART) We have made a change

Dear ‘Bar374’,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback, we’re grateful for all the information we can get about how our service is received by patients so that we can keep making improvements.

I’m glad that, on the whole, you were pleased with the service you received but I’m sorry that you had such trouble finding our contact details online. I have just done a Google search for DART and seen how the information appears and I think you are right and it is displayed in a confusing manner so thank you again for pointing this out to us.

I think part of the problem is that we don’t have a website ourselves; just one page on the North East & West Devon CCG website, and so when you looked at the contact details it was for the whole organisation, not DART. On the DART page there is a section called ‘What if I need to change my appointment’ with one number for DART and another for TRAC (our Plymouth counterparts) but you have to scroll down the page to see it and I think what most people would do (and what I’m assuming you did) is go to the Contacts page where DART’s details are not listed at all.

So, as a result of your feedback, I’m going to get our details added to the Contact page and I’m going to look at the DART page and see if I can make the contact details a bit more obvious to find.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to get in touch and helping us to improve the service for future users. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this problem caused for you.

Best wishes,