" I only had to wait about a week before being contacted to arrange an appointment date"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

The GP I saw was not my regular GP as I would have had to wait longer or go to another branch of a surgery to see him. The consultation was therefore somewhat more formal than with my regular GP but was nevertheless efficient and to the point.

However I was not told that the TRAQS team would be handling the referral and had not heard of them until I had contacted them to try and make an appointment. Previously referrals (some years ago) had been handled directly by the hospital concerned I assured this would be the same.

Apart from that, I only had to wait about a week before being contacted to arrange an appointment date. On the day of the appointment the staff were polite and helpful, and though the clinic was busy I didn't have to wait an excessive amount of time to be seen by a consultant.

I was also pleased that they were able to do my pre-op assessment on the same day, rather than having to go back another day.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your feedback.

Please accept my apologies that you were not informed by your GP that your referral would be sent to and managed by TRAQS. There is a TRAQS patient leaflet which is available to all GP Practices/GPs. Each patient who is referred by their GP should be given one of these leaflets which explains the service, the steps in the process and contains contact telephone numbers within TRAQS should you wish to discuss your appointment.

However, it is pleasing to note that your overall experience of this referral from your GP appointment, to being contacted by TRAQS and your subsequent referral to the hospital has been so efficient and met with your approval.