"Visit to A&E"

About: Salisbury District Hospital

After colliding with a deer on my motorcycle, I was initially treated by a paramedic at the roadside before being transported to A&E in an ambulance. Both the paramedic and ambulance crew were excellent. They put me at ease, were friendly and reassuring. Upon my arrival at A&E the car and attention I received were excellent. The doctor immediately examined me for injuries. My condition was regular monitored. Both doctors and staff could not have been better. The communicated to me what was going on and why, which alleviated any concerns I might have had and put be at ease. My injuries turned out to be relatively minor and as a consequence my stay was quite long, approximately six hours. A little frustrating, but from my limited experience of out-patience visits, this is not uncommon as naturally more serious cases take priority. My observation of the doctors, nurses and staff was they all worked well together and there was a really nice 'relaxed' and interactive atmosphere about the place. Overall I cannot fault the care and treatment that I received, and am most grateful to all that assisted me that day.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Dear Mr. Wood Thank you for giving us your feedback after your recent accident which resulted in you needing to be treated in the Emergency Department at Salisbury District Hospital. After what must have been a frightening experience, we are pleased that you were reassured and kept well informed while you were in our hospital. Your comments have been shared with the team who cared for you, and I pass on their thanks and best wishes to you.