"Even at busy times I found they cared well for all patients"

About: Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust / District nursing and out of hours Bradford Royal Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics

My experience started at Haigh Hall Medical Centre when I was examined by medical staff and doctors who referred me on to Eccleshill Community Hospital muscoskeletal clinic, who sent me for an x-ray.

After the x-ray I was referred to Bradford Royal Infirmary for a check up. I was seen by Mr Brew who decided to do a complete knee replacement. After a check up by a physio I was sent to ward 28 and found the ward very busy but extremely dedicated and overworked staff, from nurses to doctors. Even at busy times I found they cared well for all patients with a cheerful smile, which I found kept me calm and relaxed.

Mr Brew and his team did my knee replacement at the end of a hard day, but still made me very welcome and their professional manner helped me to relax and have a smile as I look around and thought I had been abducted by aliens.

The next day back on the ward I was looked after with dedication from the physio department and was soon on my feet and leaving the BRI.

I feel all the staff who dealt with me during my treatment and before did excellent. They worked above and beyond their duty. On leaving the hospital I was passed on to the district nurse and her students who were very professional and pleasant and changed my dressing.

I feel the only people in the wrong are the politicians who run down the NHS and don't pay the staff a decent living wage.

Response from Shelley Bailey, Assistant Chief Nurse, Bradford Royal Infirmary

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, they have been passed on to the relevant departments and wards. We hope that your new knee helps you to be up and about soon.

Response from Bradford Royal Infirmary

Your positive comments have been very well received by the staff of all the areas you mention. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We hope you are well on the road to recovery.

Response from Service User & Carer Involvement Project Manager, Bradford District Care Trust

Great to hear stories like this where the experience of multiple services is a positive one.

I have shared the comments with our District Nursing Team,who, I am sure, will find it useful to hear that your experience of the District Nurse and the Students was a positive.

Thanks so much for posting this.