"I was treated at Kingsmill Hospital ..."

About: King's Mill Hospital

I was treated at Kingsmill Hospital following a heart attack in September 2006 and ongoing anginal symptoms. Over the past 18 months, I have been both an inpatient and an outpatient and have received excellant care and particularly good support from the specialist cardiac rehabilitation nurses. Intially I had an angiogram and angioplasty but unfortunately needed to under go bypass surgery in May this year. Despite my good experience of Kingsmill, I opted to have it done at the Park Hospital. Although the intensive care facilties and care were excellant, the after care when I returned to my room was 'poor' in comparison to the care and professionalism I had received at Kingsmill. I know several people who have been treated at both Kingsmill & Newark and who are pleased with the treatment and service they received. Needless to say that I am going back to Kingsmill for my out patient appointments. I can't recommend the nursing & medical staff highly enough - well done and thank you for everything.

Having been admitted via A&E (within the hour) it would be good to know what to expect next, perhaps providing routine information explaining admission procedures (i.e AMU & Wards) would help patients to understand better.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Many thanks for your comments about King's Mill and Newark hospitals, which will be passed to A&E, particularly those around better communication with patients.