"If I had not contacted them I would have missed the appointment"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

I was sent a letter about a new appointment by the Physiotherapy Department and then had a further letter saying the appointment had been cancelled but that I would be informed when it was rearranged.

After several weeks I contact them and discovered that they had made another appointment for me at the same time and on the same day but no one had informed me of this.

If I had not contacted them I would have missed the appointment and had to get referred again by me GP.

As it was I only found out a few days before and had to rearrange the appointment anyway because as I didn't know about it, I had not arranged time off work.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for posting your comments.

You don't actually mention the service provided by TRAQS and I can only assume that we dealt with your inital referral satisfactorily. However, I am unable to comment on the delays you experienced when your appointment was cancelled and rearranged as this is outside TRAQS control.

Nevertheless, I hope a new appointment has been arranged at a time that is convenient to you and that it won't be long befor you feel the benefit of your treatment.