"Maternity unit"

About: Lister Hospital

I have recently had to visit the Bancroft clinic on several occasions for appointments over about 3 months for both myself and my daughter. It is such a shame how one rude, abrupt receptionist in Bancroft Clinic can change the atmosphere of the whole department - the rest of the staff are just so nice including the midwives, paediatricians and nurses. On each visit I have witnessed this particular receptionist verbally moaning at and about patients, scowling at people and generally being a right misery - ignoring the poor heavily pregnant women standing waiting in a non existent queue - and generally just being rude and dismissive. I can safely say it is not just this person having an "off day" as I have had 5 visits there in 2 months and each time I see this happen. Why have this person on a reception desk when they clearly don't enjoy their job?! The rest of the staff are so nice. Also, the new delivery suites at the Lister are so much nicer and private than the old ones - have delivered a baby in each and I can highly recommend the Lister.

Response from Lister Hospital

We're so glad that you've got in touch. We agree with what you say and would like a bit more help so that we make sure we identify the right person amongst what is actually quite a large receptionist team. Would you be willing to contact us via the generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net email service so that we can put you in touch with the team's manager so she can get this sorted?