"A&E from a nightmare experience to a dream one in..."

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

In March 2012 I was admitted to JR A&E after an accident resulting in a cracked scull. It was a dreadful experience resulting in my husband making an official complaint , to which we received an apology. Imagine my dread when I woke up at 3am with an acute pain in my chest, which turn out to be what I suspected namely pneumonia. The treatment I received from beginning to end was professional and caring. In total contrast to what I had experienced 18 months ago. I would like to think that A&E has improved so much in such a relatively short time. But in the end of the day it may also be due to individuals and I that I was just very lucky to have been treated by the dream team.

Response from Deborah Dunn, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent experience at the A&E Department at the John Radcliffe Hospital, these will be shared with the appropriate members of staff. Should you wish to discuss your experience further, or if you woulkd like an individual response, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Sue McNiven, PALS/Complaint Co-ordinator on sue.mcniven@ouh.nhs.uk or on 01295 229259

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital