"21hours without food!"

About: New Cross Hospital

We attended a day surgery on the 12th August for my 9 year old disabled daughter. We were told nill by mouth from the night previous and to attend at 7am. On arrival we were told she was not due to be seen until 13:30! We were told someone would let us know if she was allowed a drink but by the time someone saw us it was 11:30am and then too late for a drink. Needless to say we had a very distraught child by 13:30 having not eaten since 8pm the night before. When asked why we were told to come in for 7am we were met with shrugs of shoulders. A disgusting service for anyone, let alone a child!

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

I am extremely sorry for the experience that both you and your daughter had when your daughter was admitted for day surgery on 12 August.

To enable me to look into your concerns, I would be extremely grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362.

Response from New Cross Hospital

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your daughter's experience. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 to discuss your concerns further, they would be happy to look into this for you. Kindest regards Jamie Emery Patient Experience Lead