"Very bad experience in endoscopy"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

Attended for endoscopy on 6 August. I was horrified at the dismal entrance to this department and the waiting area was also dismal and very cramped and did not appear very clean, waited two hours before I was seen as there was a backlog. Very unhappy with treatment . I had decided to opt for the spray option as sedation would have meant being there an hour afterwards and I just wanted to get out quickly after waiting so long, i felt that I was being rushed through the procedure and treated very roughly. I was obviously in distress and pain during the procedure but was ignored and afterwards although I felt weak and traumatised was told to get up immediately and taken to a corner to sit on an uncomfortable chair. I then developed extensive pain in my stomach and chest for which I was then given an ECG I am a newcomer to the Sussex area and this is the worst hospital I have ever been in.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

I am very sorry to learn of your experience. If it would be helpful to discuss your concerns in more detail please do contact us either by email: complaints@bsuh.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01273664511