"Maternity care for gestational diabetics"

About: Ipswich Hospital

I am in the later part of my pregnancy with my second child, I also suffered gestational diabetes with my first child, I have found the service thats being offered awful this time round. I have asked 3 times to see a dietitian and every time she has not been there, I feel 4 weeks between appointments unacceptable and when you do go o a appointment there is no diabetic midwife to see as she is sick. So you have to see a general midwife who had no clue about the condition. You then see the consultant for all of 3 mins if your lucky, Then told oh your doing well ill see you in 4 weeks. And also told if you get any problems call us which ive done a good few times to be told '' oh no ones here today its so and so day off''. Im sorry but im finding this service worse and worse and im now thinking after my experience with your hospital when having my oldest child do i want to continue with the awful care. And risk the fact that im eating what feels less and less each day.

Response from Ipswich Hospital

Very sorry to read your comments, please could you get in touch with us so we can work through and get your care right? The number to call is 01473 702064.