"Short stay to get rid of infection"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I was admitted a few days after chemotherapy having developed an infection. All staff, from consultants to registrars, junior doctors, nurses, healthcare assistants, catering staff and cleaners were extremely friendly and polite. The nurses and healthcare assistants in particular always had a kind word and some were really jolly. The decor was pleasant and the cleanliness was faultless. Even the food was edible. The atmosphere in the hospital is calm and the little gardens provide nice areas to sit if you need a break from the ward. My only criticisms would be too noisy in the nighttime, long waits in clinics and long delays to get letters after appointments.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. It is lovely to hear how pleased you were with the care provided by our staff and the ward you stayed in.

We are working hard to reduce noise in the wards at nightime so if you would like to give me a little more information I can pass it on to the ward manager. I can also pass on your comments about clinic delays and appointment letters to the right departments. Please feel free to contact me on 01737 768 511 ext 6838 or e mail me. tasha.gardner@sash.nhs.uk

I hope you are feeling better after your infection.

Best wishes