"Bowel Cancer Screening"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Two weeks ago I was examined under the bowel cancer screening programme. I have nothing but praise for the attention that I received from everyone, both before the procedure, during the visit to the hospital for the procedure and after the procedure whilst at home. The staff were welcoming and friendly and explained everything that I was to experience. The examination itself was conducted very professionally and the skill of the surgeon meant that I did not experience any pain whatsoever. After the examination I was taken back to a general recovery area and was treated to a cup of tea and some biscuits. Most importantly the surgeon who had examined me came and told me the result of the examination and gave me advice on what I should do for the future. Again all done with patient condsideration in mind. I couldn't have been treated better had I been the king of England. My sincere thanks goes to all who looked after me. My only wish is that if my experience was repeated in every NHS facility, the crisis that one constantly hears about wouldn't exist. With all good wishes David Newman

We are so pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and welcoming when you came for your procedure. The team will be pleased to know that you did not experience any pain and you felt you had been treated like a King! Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit to hospital. It is pleasing to know that the staff were welcoming and friendly and that the procedure was painless. We will pass on your message to the team involved.