"A Visit to A&E"

About: Grantham & District Hospital

Stupidity on my half left me with a deep laceration to my right hand middle finger from the lawn mower blade. As I do not live in Grantham quickly got myself to my local hospital. The nurse said she was concerned that besides the deep wound I also had bony tenderness to the finger and was advised to be seen in an A&E Dept. as there were no X-ray facilities at the hospital on that day. Grantham for me is the nearest and quickest so was soon at the A&E department. They were brilliant, could not fault them at all, both the Nurses and Doctors. Because the nature of the wound and a possibility of bone damaged. ( infection) was sent straight to Ex-Ray and from there was seen by doctors. They finger was dressed, and was given a booster Tetanus injection, administered two different types of antibiotics and not forgetting the pain killers. Before leaving an appointment was made for two days later at the fracture clinic. There I was quickly seen by a Doctor who informed me that the bone had been chipped. I now have another appointment to make sure that there is no infection . I cannot praise them enough. Well done.

Thank you for telling us about your experience; it was good to read how everything went so well - the staff in A&E and x-ray will be equally pleased to read it. I hope your finger is healing well.......take care in the garden........thank you again.