"Planned admission to M1Gynae"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I was admitted as planned to M1 on Tuesday morning and was discharged on Thursday following a hysterectomy During my stay I found the nursing staff on the ward to be fantastic, they were friendly, caring, considerate and professional. At all times each and everyone did an amazing job of looking after both myself and all the other women with our various needs. I really felt that this ward showed the epitome of what they set out to achieve, they live by the 6 Cs because that's the way they are. Even the night staff who arrived enthusiastic and attentive, with real interest in my care, they made me feel a real person not a patient. The student nurses wanted to learn and help at every opportunity, I am sure they will make fine nurses in the future The consultant was professional attentive and listened to me, the anaesthetist showed professionalism and compassion. The ward was cleaned within an inch of its life, constantly by people who understood just how important this is I left feeling truly looked after and would have no hesitation in recommending this service to anyone. I hope I haven't missed anyone out, as you all deserve a massive thank you.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Our staff aim for a high standard of care and we're so pleased that during your stay in hospital you found that they had indeed achieved this. It is particularly good to hear that this was the case right across the board from clinical staff to cleaners. Thank you for letting us know -- your comments will be much appreciated by the staff and will also provide reassurance for members of the public.