"Only when I contacted TRAQS did anything happen"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Cardiology

(as a service user),

My process can be described in 3 phases:

1) Consultation with GP/initial referral process was excellent (Dr. Cawthorne, Donnington Surgery)

2) Information regarding the booking of appointment was less good. After 6/7 weeks I had heard nothing and had to chase this myself. Only when I contacted TRAQS did anything happen.

3) Process at PRH/Cardio Respiratory department was again excellent. Prompt, professional and efficient.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to write to TRAQS.

It is always disappointing to read when a patient's referral has not gone as well as they had hoped. As all feedback is anonymous I am unable to look into your specific referral to establish where the delay occured. If you would like to contact me on 01952 580441 I would be happy to look into the steps taken in completing your referral and consider whether any steps could have been taken to have ensured you were offered an earlier appointment. TRAQS tries to ensure that once a referral has been received from the GP it completes the process in contacting a patient within 5 working days. If the appointment is at a clinic that is experiencing lenghty delays this is unfortunately outside of TRAQS control. However, it is pleasing to note that once you received an appointment you received excellent professional care.

Thank you again for writing to TRAQS.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you so much for letting us know about your prompt, professional, efficient and excellent service at our cardiorespiratory department. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you faced during the booking process. Between the GP, TRAQS and the hospital there is clearly more that can be done to keep patients informed whilst they are waiting.