"Complete lack of care"

About: Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre

I'm very surprised to see the positive comments on this site. My husband was seen at the Nuffield spinal unit by a consultant in April. Very annoyingly, they had no access on their computer to the MRI scan that was the basis of the urgent GP referral. The consultant promised to get hold of the MRI scan and to get back to my husband to give him a diagnosis. Four months on and we have nothing. The consultant has gone and no-one else seems to care despite me spending the last six weeks repeatedly calling the spinal unit to try and get a diagnosis. I would warn anyone with a choice not to choose the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre!

Response from Deborah Dunn, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your comments relating to the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre Spinal Unit and the lack of communication relating to your husbands MRI scan results.

I am very sorry that your husbands experience has not been positive and if you would like further assistance regarding this matter please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Joyce Harris, PALS Officer on palsnoc@ouh.nhs.uk or 01865 738126.

Response from Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre

I am sorry that the service received by your husband at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre has not been what you could expect. The Trust would be happy to look into the issues you have raised and provide you and your husband with a personal response. My name is Deborah Dunn, Complaints/PALS Operational Manager and I would be happy to discuss youor concerns if you would like to contact me on 01865 223257 or at complaints@ouh.nhs.uk.