"If this is how the service now works, I think it's great."

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

My mother had an ambulance take her from Weston General Hospital to Bristol Royal Infirmary for an orthopeadic appointment. My mum is 89. The ambulance service was fantastic.

They rang to say which time they would arrive and they were here when they said they would be. They also gave a time to pick us up. I was dreading it, but it was fine. If this is how the service now works, I think it's great.

Also, the service in the hospital was really good. We only waited 5 minutes. Initially when we arrived I didn't know where to go, and the paramedic accompanied me and my mother to the right place.

Dear Blank681

Thank you for taking the time to share your story.

It is always very rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide an excellent service to our patients.

I will ensure that your kind comments are passed to our Patient Transport Service staff and managers.

Thanks again for you kind words.