"Dr needs to read your aim on pt care"

About: Barnsley Hospital

I was recently admitted to the surgical day ward for injections to my hips, the nursing staff on the ward were wonderful very kind and caring informing me of what they were doing at all times as were the staff in theatre, except for the dr he didnt speak to me once while he did the procedure even when I was in some discomfort he I felt like a lump of meat, he was not the consultant I am not sure what position he held as did not speak to me A very upsetting exsperience.

Response from Jill Pell, Head of Patient Experience, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Stella - thank you for providing us with positive feedback on your nursing care and I am sorry that the doctor did not communicate with you and that this caused you distress. Your feedback will be shared with staff, especially doctors working in this area.

We would like to work with you to address your concerns and you may find it helpful to speak to someone in our PALS team on 01226 432430 or via barnsleypals@nhs.net.

Response from Barnsley Hospital

Dear Stella Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you thought you received good care from our nursing staff, however we are sorry that you were not happy with the way the doctor treated you. Please contact our PALS team on 01226 432430 or email barnsleypals@nhs.net and our staff will work with you to address your concerns. Best wishes Communications Team