"Visit to A&E"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital / Accident and emergency Sittingbourne Memorial Hospital South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

I presented this week to the Minor Injuries Unit at Sittingbourne Memorial Hospital after experiencing a momentary blackout resulting in a fall. The Unit was very busy running with a minimum of 1 person on reception due to the time of day (lunch). The reception staff were very polite and thorough in obtaining details of my visit.

In under 2 hours a lovely nurse (Michelle) to call me through for assessment. After initial examinations I was advised that a transferred to Medway Maritime Hospital was necessary. An ambulance crew were called and attended promptly. They (Karen and Paul) were very friendly and caring in their manner. After arriving at Medway Maritime Hospital I was taken momentarily into a 'queue' in the corridor and transferred into a cubicle for examination and assessment. The manner and responsiveness of the A&E nurses and Doctor was exemplary, providing me with a swift diagnosis, pain relief and appropriate treatment. I was discharged in under 2 hours.

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. I will forward this to my colleague who works at Medway Maritime Hospital.

Response from Suzanne Brooker, Head of Patient Experience, Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience.

I was pleased to read that the manner and responsiveness of the A and E nurses and Doctors were exemplary and that you were given a swift diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

I hope you are recovering well.

Your comments will be shared with the department.

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Linid4

Thank you very much for your kind words about the ambulance crew, Karen and Paul, who transferred you from Sittingbourne MIU to Medway Maritime Hospital a few weeks ago. I will ensure that they see your post, as I know our staff really do appreciate receiving feedback from patients they have cared for.

I am pleased to hear you were allowed to go home fairly shortly afterwards and hope you remain well and have no more episodes.

With sincere thanks and kind regards, Louise Hutchinson