"Nursing standards need improving"

About: Chase Farm Hospital

My mother was admitted after a fall, followed by surgery. The standard of nursing was very poor. Medication was just handed to patients without any explanation of what it was . Injections and procedures were carried out on the elderly without any prior warning. I appreciate that staffing levels are very low and that they are often very busy but they all look so miserable and this surely does not encourage a speedy recovery of the patients. chase Farm also needs nurses who can be understood by patients and careers and therefore have a good command of the English language. on the plus side the Physios were a breath of fresh air.

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

The Trust apologies for the poor experience that you and your mother had in our inpatient services at Chase Farm Hospital. I am unable to direct your comments back to a particular ward manager as you have not mentioned the ward. If you would like to contact the Trust on bcfpals@nhs.net your comments can be passed on and you will receive a response personally from the ward manager. I have passed your positive physiotherapy comments onto the staff As an organisation we are committed from learning from specific issues and from any mistakes we may have made. Hearing about where we can do better helps us to pinpoint where exactly to make improvements to the service we provide.