"Care of my baby at Stafford paediatrics"

About: Stafford Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My 4 month old baby was admitted straight on to Shrugborough Childrens ward by the paramedics after suffering a fit in the early hours of the morning. We were met at the doors of the ward by the Lead nurse who immediately took my baby into the assessment unit & called the doctor.

After taking a urine sample they realised my baby had a UTI & was put straight on to antibiotics. We were told wee would have to stay in for another 24 hours for monitoring due to the young age & were put into a well equipped side room.

Dr Melville came to speak to us on his round the next morning & explained in great detail with drawings to help us understand how our baby had a problem with the valve between his bladder & kidney. Dr Melville was absolutely fantastic with us & spent a lot of time making sure we understood & explaining what tests needed doing & what medication would be needed for the next few years.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "Flower1986"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I am delighted that you were very happy with the care provided during what must have been a very frightening time. I have shared your feedback with Dr Melville and his team. Comments rlike yours really do make a difference to our staff who are working extremely hard to ensure their patients are well cared for.

Kind Regards