"no compassion or empathy /"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

should anyone reading this ever have the misfortune of being refferred to outpatient orthapeadics god help you. the waiting list time for an appointment is attrocious the waiting area is cramped and fit to burst with waiting times exeedingly long , and the waiting list for surgery just unexcectable. after being referred from A and E. to cheerful sparrows overnight to stay (why they call it cheerful sparrows is beyond me ).we had the bad luck of the draw of being refferred to the most rudest arragont consultant team who lacked empathy compassion and dignity. my partner was not examined properly nor his injury explained to him and had to rely on good old google on the internet to find out what a shoulder seperation meant. At our wits end and seriously scared that my partners fate and health was being compromized we sought a second opinion from another consultant in another nhs trust who properly diagnosed my partner with a much more serious injury than previously told. he had begrudginly been put on a operating waiting list. when we asked how long the wait would be we were greeted by the nurse sister and the consultant just shrugging their shoulders and saying your guess is as good as ours , but dont worry iff we arnt operating on you we will be operating on someone else , so to speak .iam releived to say that my partner is no longer under the team at QEQM,we have been blessed with a new consultant who has shown us to have faith in our nhs system even though the doctors nurses and consultants need to be trained in dignity and empathy and not just medicine .

Thank you for providing feedback and I am sorry that your experience did not meet the standards we would expect. I would like to be able to follow this through with you to try and understand what happened. Your experience is not the usual feedback we receive about our orthopaedic service and so it would be good to understand where we went wrong. Please do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net and I will arrange for us to talk.

I do hope your partner continues to make a full recovery