"We stayed in the Hospital for ..."

About: Glenfield Hospital

We stayed in the Hospital for 5 weeks with our son undergoing heart surgery, the staff we're so friendly towards us and kept us up to date and well informed. As it was a big shock to our family to be there we were supported every step of the way along with our 3 year old daughter.

I found that it was a relaxed atmosphere within and although it is a teaching environment I always felt confident in the care that my son was receiving, if I was unsure we were always offered a second opinion.

If it was necessary to stay again I would have no quarms.

more staff.... the nurses were fantastic, but very stretched, the HCA's were fantastic and very knowledgeable but were limited to what they could provide.

When there was a problem inevitably it required both the nurses on night duty, if there was a second emergency then there was an issue.

These people are vital to the running of the hospital and feel that they need more support in their jobs by allowing them the time to complete their jobs to their best ability regardless of timescale.

Response from University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear reviewer,

We are really sorry that we haven’t responded to your comment. We did not receive a notification from Patient Opinion to let us know about your posting.

If you would still like us to look into your concerns, please contact us with an explanation and your full details by emailing communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk

Kind regards,