"Surgery for breast tumour at Lincoln"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Breast surgery

After having a mamogram I was diagnosed as having breast cancer, a small tumour was found, biopsy was taken from around the area and within 3 weeks I was in the day surgery unit to have it removed.

The staff were amazing from begining to end, I was told everything from start to finish and they had even answered questions I would have asked, but did not have to due to all the explanations they gave me.

The ward was spotless,

One hears so many horror stories about Lincoln County Hospital that this is why I am doing this survey,

My only downside was the time between appointments but the time was just 2 weeks and that was unavoidable due to waiting for biopsy results.

It is very worrying for patients but I understand the biopsy needs to be cultured ect ect.

I was very happy with the way that I was treated by all staff.

Dear Elesan - thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience especially at a time when you have been so worried.

You are right that negative stories are highlighted - whilst of course we do not want them we can learn from them and so welcome feedback both good and not so good.

The breast care team will be really pleased to read your story. You make a good point about the wait for biopsy results and I will highlight this to the team to be sure that we are able to reassure and support patients during that wait - I know the team provide this anyway but maybe we need to make patients more aware of this.

I hope you are recovering well, thank you again.