"Waiting a CT scan"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I moved to area on 21/03/2013. Registered with a doctor who did routine bloods. Unfortunately my ESR levels are high. After several rounds of blood tests I was referred for a CT on 19/07/2013. My GP advised I would hear within 1/2 weeks. Since then - nothing! I have been advised the Xray department have computer problems! Well tough! They should have a back up plan in hand. I may have cancer - until I have the CT I won't know - do these people care? I spend every day anxious, and my family feel the same. I am now considering paying privately. Will this hospital reimburse me? Welcome to Thanet - I vote no confidence!

Thank you for providing feedback and I am very sorry about the delay you are experiencing regarding the appointment for your CT scan. The change to the new radiology information system has created difficulties and delays. We have many people trying to rectify the situation.

We are extremely sorry as our CT scanning service is normally very efficient and effective service, so this situation does not meet our own expectations for our service standards.

Please email me your details and I will ensure that you receive an appointment as soon as possible. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net