"Eye clinic - failure to acknowledge I am on a waiting list."

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary / Ophthalmology

I have been constantly trying to contact the appointments desk at the Eye Clinic for two days now. The telephone rings out but no-one responds at all.

I visited the optician in late June who referred me to LRI. I have not as yet received an acknowledgement to let me know I am on the waiting list for an appointment.

I feel it only reasonable to expect staff to answer the telephone at some point in two days and to reassure patients that they are, in fact, on a waiting list in a standard confirmation letter.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear Spencer, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our Ophthalmology department. We value all feedback as this allows us to continually review and improve our services. Here are some useful numbers for you: Enquiries about clinic appointments – 0116 258 6763 Enquiries about surgery – 0116 258 5930 General information – 0116 258 6468 FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY Emergency Eye Casualty – 0116 258 6273 We are aware that patients have been facing some are difficulty in contacting us on these numbers at peak times due to the volume of calls but we will make every effort to answer your call and resolve any concerns. If you are having difficulty getting through on the phone and have any further concerns, please email Lead nurse for Specialist Surgery Kerry.Pape@uhl-tr.nhs.uk who will be happy to help you. Kind regards Communications Team Leicester’s Hospitals