"Mammography appointment at Broomfield"

About: Broomfield Hospital

Attended routine screening appointment. Young woman doing screening had difficulty positioning me and seemed frustrated. She said I seemed very stiff. I was made to feel that I was being uncooperative and that the problem was my fault.

At one point I told her that I hate this, really hate it. I don't expect this to be the nicest experience but believe that it is the responsibility of the practitioner to make the patient as comfortable as possible, both mentally and physically which she failed to do.

So glad that the appointment was only routine; would be even more distressing if one had a perceived problem.

Suspect this may be due to inexperience but was not conducive to re-attendance.

Response from Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at Broomfield Hospital. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the breast care team in order to improve the care they deliver to their patients.

Please contact me either via email at helen.west@meht.nhs.uk or call 01245 514460 if you would like me to investigate this further for you.

Response from Jonathan Wright, Patient Experience & Voluntary Services Manager, Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Further to my colleagues response, I have spoken with the Breast Care Team and they are very sorry that you did not have a good experience whilst with us. The points will be raised at the next team meeting. If you would like to contact myself 01245 514577 jonathan.wright@meht.nhs.uk or Kate Nicholas from the Breast Care Team on 01245 513418 Kate.nicholas@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk it can be looked into further.

We really appreciate all feedback on our services.