"Go to the N&N or Addenbrookes if you can"

About: The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (King's Lynn)

I've seen first hand care at this hospital, both as a patient and as a friend or relative of someone else. The medical care, although provision is patchy at times, is pretty damn good. As good as I would expect from a DGH, but it is the nursing care that lets it down. The nursing care is pretty ghastly, and patients recover in spite of the nurses not because of them. There are far too few Occupational Therapists to cover the work, and the Physios think they are better than everyone else so they tend to let their attitude inform their care. Part of the problem, is that everyone is too scared to tell the truth about their care in case it impacts upon what they get. I'm old, but not yet frail enough to need this hospital, but I'm terrified of being so old and frail that one day I might. Care of the dying in this area is of appalling quality, both hospital based and community based.

Response from The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kings Lynn NHS Foundation Trust

Regards,

Valerie Newton, Acting Director of Nursing and Patient Experience

Response from The Queen Elizabeth Hospital

I was extremely concerned to read about your experiences and would ask that you contact me so that I can discuss your concerns and we can address the issues raised. Regards, Valerie Newton, Acting Director of Nursing and Patient Experience