"Fantastic!"

About: Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

Until I went to A&E two weeks ago I just didn't realise what a fantastic job the staff and doctors do at this specialist hospital We are exceptionally lucky to have such a great facility here in the capital. I was referred to Moorfields A&E by my optician following a routine visit. I was seen right away by a triage nurse who was just wonderful - so reassuring, kind and helpful. Honestly, I don't think I could have wished for better. I then saw a doctor within ten minutes who made his diagnosis and advised what treatment would be necessary. He too was extremely reassuring, explained absolutely everything in language you could understand. His diagnosis meant I was seen in their outpatients clinic 10 days later and the problem is now being dealt with. Whatever time you have to wait is really worth it - you will get the best treatment for eye problems in this country and if you have a genuine emergency (like I did) you will not wait at all, you will be seen without delay.

Response from Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

Thanks for taking the time to post such positive feedback. I'll make sure your comments are passed on to the A&E team.