"Empowerment + Display - Annual General Meeting 2013 "

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Empowerment+ is a partnership between Nottingham City PCT, Nottingham City Council and Family First, building on the work of Wellbeing+.

The service was there to tell people about the road to recovery and to share feedback from service users who have experienced Trust Mental Health services and progressed on to to Empowerment+ as part of their recovery journey.

Service users share their stories:

'We learn new skills and meet new people to help our confidence and social skills. I feel more enthusiastic and I am more organised in my life. '

'I can do more with my life and I don't feel I am wasting away'

It would be good to see Empowerment+ expand as it's really helpful.

'Staff are down to earth and there to help. '

The social side of the service is aimed at well-being and it's worked for me'.

I was in a world of pain when I accessed Early Intervention Services' but I was able to make a change from not going out of my house to looking after myself, they have empowered me! '

Response from Amy Gaskin-Williams, Service User and Carer Involvement and Experience Manager, Involvement Team, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I have to confess, I hadn't heard about Empowerment+ before reading this posting - but I will definitely look into it now!

It sounds like the service offers considerable support to those who are further ahead in their journey towards recovery. The feedback certainly shows how grateful people are that this service exists.

Thank you to Empowerment+ for coming along to our AGM and working in partnership with us.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Posted on behalf of Empowerment +

"Thank you everyone who as posted feedback about the Empowerment+ service, it's great to hear people's opinions of us and even better that the feedback is really good, If you want to find out more about we are doing in our service please follow us on twitter at @EPlus_Notts"

Thanks all

April Brown | Assistant Manager

asra Housing Group | 702 Mansfield Road | Nottingham | NG5 3FW

tel: 0115 924 8021 | ddi: 0115 924 8012 | mobile: 07912 480 965 | fax: 0115 993 4055

email: april.brown@asra.org.uk | web: www.empowermentplus.org.uk