"Experience after stroke"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

During the last 2 years I have had cause to make a number of formal complaints about managerial/administrative (though not clinical) incompetence at RSCH. It is therefore gratifying that I can give a mostly positive report on my recent experience of the hospital. I was admitted - via A&E - following a stroke to the Stroke Unit; first to the Donald Hall ward & subsequently to Solomon ward. The treatment & care I received from nurses, physios & doctors was exemplary. All my nurses & my physiotherapist were kindness personified. So far, there have been no administrative problems. Unfortunately, not everything was positive. I am not a “foodie” but I have to say that the hot meals are even more disgusting (& unhealthy) than when I was in previously. The caterers seem not to have heard of the ‘5 a day’ slogan. I was told by a matron that fresh fruit is available but it is not offered, one has to ask.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent experience at our hospital. I was very pleased to hear that your stay with us was mostly so positive and that you had such a good experience of the care in our hospital. I note your comments about the quality of food and can assure you that this matter is currently being discussed with our catering providers. Thank you again for your constructive feedback.