"Rude Staff"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

I've had to submit a complaint dues to the rudeness I have encountered by staff. Even the admin fails to care, citing the 6 months they have to respond, whilst doing nothing to hurry it along as I have been waiting since April for treatment (none yet). I am partially disabled in one shoulder, in pain & suffering an injury in the other shoulder. Despite encountering major issues in trying to get by day to day the consultant said it 'wasn't their problem' before they walked out the room. The previous surgeon was fantastic and a caring person, something which is totally lacking in the staff he left behind. You'd think years of working with him, something of his style & ability to care about people would have rubbed off, but sadly not.

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced at the RD&E hospital. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you can call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915.

Tracy

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problems you experienced at the RD&E. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you can call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915. Kind regards Tracy