"Outpatients Orthopaedic clinic"

About: North Manchester General Hospital

I went to my appointment at the Outpatients orthopaedic clinic. I arrived at my appointment time. I had to wait over two hours before I was seen. The clinic had nothing on the board nether was there any explanation as to why the clinic was running so far behind. When I eventually got seen, I was in and out in five minutes and was made to feel like an inconvenience, also, after all that time I didn't even see my consultant. The doctor that I saw went out of the room when he had spoken to me for a minute to ask for advice from somebody else. He then came back in and said that they are going to refer me to another hospital for a second opinion as he wasn't sure what to do?? What a total waste of an afternoon. I feel like discharging myself from this hospital and finding another consultant and hospital who have more time and understanding of the patients needs. I am so angry and frustrated, especially when I am in so much pain and discomfort, you would think that they would have a little bit of sympathy.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to the Orthopaedics department at North Manchester General Hospital. If you wish your concerns to be investigated, please contact the Patients Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897.