"The receptionists and ward clerks ..."

About: Stafford Hospital

The receptionists and ward clerks are always friendly and helpful. My consultant has been helpful and supportive towards me, which I'm grateful for.

I found that when I have an appointment with the dietitian she is always running late, even if I'm the 1st appointment; I feel that I'm rushed through and don't always get answers to enquires about my treatment. I have noticed that the wards and A&E are not always clean or hygienic (eg body fluids on the floor, dried in), with stains of I don't know what on the floor - on wards and in corridors.

Response from Stafford Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. These have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Our hospital corridors at Stafford have a high volume of traffic during any 24 hour period. Whilst they are cleaned once a day, our wards receive a morning, afternoon and evening housekeeping service. In addition we have a rapid response team that can be called to attend to spills as required.

During the year we will be spending an additional £140,000 to improve specific areas including the replacement of flooring that has become permanently marked or damaged.