"Colonscopy procedure"

About: New Cross Hospital

Having to have a colonoscopy because of an abnormal scan result was for me very stressful and frightening. I cannot praise the doctor and his team at the Beynon Centre too highly. At all times I was treated with utmost respect and courtesy and the procedure was explained in detail several times both by 2 of his nurses and the doctor himself so I was reassured and knew what to expect. Maybe the sedation helped, but I can honestly say that the procedure was far less stressful than having a tooth filled and I experienced no pain at all, a little discomfort maybe but certainly easily tolerable. After the procedure the results were explained to me in easily understood terms by a nurse; fortunately no problems, just a polyp removed which I'm waiting for results for. Hopefully that will be OK. Thanks again to the doctor and his team.

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your patient experience within our Beynon Centre, at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust. I will share your comments with the surgical and Beynon Centre teams.

I wish you well for the future!

Kindest regards