"A & E Tuesday 23rd pm"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

Having realised that my cycling accident of the previous evening was more damaging than I thought, I went to A & E about 1pm. There I was efficiently assessed and processed and a couple of hours later, was called to the theatre ? nurse. She was calm and efficient with a pleasant but not familiar manner. She was supervising a younger nurse who was competent and also very professional. They did everything that was necessary to clean and stitch my wound even though it was harder because of the time lapse. A doctor also checked on their progress and did some work on the wound himself. It no doubt took longer than might be hoped by those waiting in the queue behind but I have nothing but praise for the whole operation. It is very comforting indeed to think that whatever mishap occurs, within a very short time whatever resources necessary to treat it are available. Please pass on my heartfelt thanks to the whole team and particularly the nurses concerned.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

Thank you for your kind feedback. We will of course ensure your thanks are passed on to colleagues in our Emergency Department.

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust