"Mixed messages"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Very unhappy with my visit my 2 year old was very ill & we got discharged with what they said was a tummy bug turned out was something much worse they then went behind my back didn't tell me the diagnoses but told environmental health. Discusted with the child's ward.

Thank you for providing feedback and I am sorry you were unhappy about your experience. Please do accept my apologies. I will let the the Matron responsible for children's service know so that she can raise your concerns with staff. I do hope your son is recovering well from his illness.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am sorry to hear of your experience when you visited the hospital with your 2 year old son. The comments will be fedback to the ward to ensure that we are improving our services as a result of what our patients are telling us. If you would like to discuss your concerns further to enable us to try and provide you with some reassurance for any future care you may need in the hospital our contact details are as follows: Patient Experience Team Telephone number : 01227 783145 Email: ekh-tr.patientexperienceteam@nhs.net with your contact details and they will be able to call you and discuss the best way forward to help.